Thanks for stopping by Millionaire Before 50. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Some facts about me…
I’m a Filipino-American software engineer who moved to the U.S. during the dot-com boom and eventual bust, which caused many layoffs in the tech industry. While the recession did not necessarily leave me in financial ruin, the events acted as the impetus for me to start saving religiously- at the late age of 30.
I’m happily married to a beautiful registered nurse who also mothers our two children. Together we work as a team to achieve our dream of becoming financially independent by the age of 52. I hope to chronicle our journey through this blog.
I actively manage our portfolio, but for the large part, we are just regular savers who automate our finances as much as we can.
Why should you follow this blog?
- I have more than 20 years of experience working in the Financial Industry. More specifically, Foreign Exchange, Capital Markets, and Wealth Management space.
- We practice common sense money principles that regular people can follow.
- We supported seven people, including my in-laws, ugh!
- I successfully funded my eldest son’s college education without going into debt.
- I have been maliciously sued twice, got laid off, got divorced, ordered to pay child support, and yet still managed to pick up the pieces together to become a millionaire.
America is a land of opportunity. Yet many relatively high-income Americans don’t even have $1,000 saved for emergencies. Thanks to the typical $500 car payment, $100K student loans, and a credit card opened like a bag of potato chips! This blog aims to change all that— my mission is to awaken broke Americans from their financial misery.
Do you have an interesting article to share? If so, please send the draft to msolve@millionairebefore50-dot-com, along with some background info about you.
Likewise, if you’re interested in a link exchange, sharing, or other forms of collaboration, please send me an email.
You may subscribe below to get updates. Thanks!